Favorite Quote

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
read only one page." St. Augustine of Hippo

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I started this!


Wow!  I can’t believe I started this blog almost 2 years ago and haven’t done a thing with it since.  Time to get started on it again I guess.  The main reason I am starting this blog is to remind myself about all of the blessing that we have.  This has been a rough year for me emotionally, and I found that I was spending too much time worrying myself sick about things that I could not possibly change.  I decided that I needed to fill my time some other way, so thought I would give this a shot. I am mostly going to be blogging about the things that interest me. 

We are Americans, living in Stavanger, Norway because of my husband’s job.  We LOVE to travel and I try to find new, different and if possible cheap things for us to do.  As of today, May 27, 2012 we have been to 50 countries since arriving in Europe on October 13, 2003.  We hope to travel to many more, before Ron retires and we move back to the US.  Our absolute favorite way to travel is to cruise.  And lucky for us, we have a 14 day transatlantic cruise planned for September to celebrate our 100th birthdays!  No, we are not really turning 100, but Ron and I will turn 50 8 days apart this year so we decided to celebrate with a cruise.

I also LOVE collecting recipes at Pinterest.  I have decided it’s time to stop collecting and start cooking!  And speaking of cooking – we are ALWAYS on a diet.  My problem is I get bored with a diet and then quit or switch to a different diet.  So, today, we started a new diet again!  It’s the Chrono nutrition diet that we saw on 20/20.  They didn’t have the actual diet plan itself; I had to research to find it.  Here is a link to the diet if you are interested: 20/20.  Our goal is to be at our “goal” weight by the time we leave on our cruise.  I’m not going to tell you how much we weigh, but I am hoping to post how much we have lost each week.  Today was the first day of our diet and so far, we have not really been hungry at all.  Even though church got out pretty late, and by the time our lunch was cooked, it was past 2:00.  Weigh in days will be on Fridays, even though we started the diet today.  We are also supposed to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week.  Of course, we over did it the first day …. According to my Garmin Forerunner, we rode our bikes for 1 hour 39.42 minutes and went 10.33 miles.  We went up 533 feet and came down 532 feet.  I have NO idea what happened to the extra foot … it may have been one of the times I forgot to turn it on when we had stopped.  Average speed was  6.2 mph with max speed at  16.9 mph (going downhill I’m sure!) and according to this, I burned  1,026 calories, but that is WAY too much in my opinion.  Here are some pictures that we took along our bike ride so hopefully you can see how beautiful our small corner of Norway is.















My other interests include antiquing, and spending time and resources (money!) on our grandchildren.  We have 2 grandsons at the moment with our first granddaughter due in August.  So …. That’s it for today.  The bike ride was pretty hard and I'm exhausted.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment